- Begin by How to set up an Assignment, filling out the necessary fields.
- Expand the Grade field, and under ‘Grading method’ select ‘Marking guide’
- Click on ‘Save and Display’ this will open an Advanced Grading page
- There are now two options:
- Define a new grading form from scratch – this is where you create a new marking guide
- Create a new grading form from a template – this is where you can use a pre-existing marking guide to save time
- For this example, we’ll create a new marking guide from scratch. Selecting this option opens the Marking Guide Creation Page.
- You are ready to create your marking guide. See the Creating a Marking Guide tab.
Note - It is worth noting that under Grade: Maximum grade, whatever number you have in your marking guide, that the total the student receives will be recalculated to be a proportion of that maximum grade.