You can record your class in any room enabled with Echo360 Lecture Capture facilities. If your class is scheduled with Timetabling as a "lecture", the recording should happen automatically, and you can ignore this section. Otherwise, you can manually begin recording at the start of your class.
- Log into the presenter's computer in the teaching space before the class begins.
- Open a web browser and access your list of Classes in ALP through the link in your LEO unit.
- On the Class list page in ALP, click the 'Start Capture' button at the top of the page:
- In the "Start a new capture" window, choose the room you are currently in, and modify any of the other settings as you wish:
- Select the room you're recording in from the Where? dropdown box.
- Set the recording time using the Hours and Minutes options.
- Choose the "Library" option from the Publish to... dropdown box. This will save the recording to your personal library, which you can then add to a Class later.
- Click the 'Start' button and recording will commence. You may now open your Presentation and run your Active Class. The recording will stop automatically when the time you set expires, or if you log off the presenter's computer.
How to add your video to a Class
- Click the 'Add Video' button (the blue + icon) for the Class you wish to attach the video to:
- From the popup window, choose "Import from your library".
- Select your recording and click 'Done'.
You will now see a green video icon that you and your students can click to view the video.