Workshop date: 20 April 2020
Location: North Sydney
Is this training for you?
Studies claim that the majority of staff do not understand their organisation’s strategy. While most understand their jobs, they do not understand the organisational environment.
This program is designed for staff and supervisors to better understand the commercial aspects of the ACU environment and understand how resources link to commercial outcomes and the achievement of ACU’s Mission.
- Stronger understanding of ACU financial performance metrics;
- Enhanced stewardship of ACU’s resources;
- Better utilisation of financial reporting and project performance metrics;
- Increased compliance with delegated authorities;
- Better cost and risk management at an individual, team, and University level.
What will I learn?
You will learn how to:
- Evaluate the commercial viability of new services and/or products that generate revenue or present commercial opportunities for ACU;
- Develop practical strategies to better manage budgets and costs;
- Gain updates about latest trends and developments in the higher education sector;
- Establish methods for staying up to date with broader sector trends;
- Identify ways to use resources flexibly and innovatively to maximise benefit for ACU and ACU’s Mission;
- Build familiarity with ACU’s Mission, commercial priorities and financial success indicators;
- Examine the wider business and commercial environment that ACU operates within, including key opportunities and challenges.
- Apply Commercial Acumen
- Be Responsible and Accountable for Achieving Excellence
- Know ACU Work Processes and Systems
- Make Informed Decisions
Please register via Staff Connect no later than one week prior to the workshop.
Course code: 12027
For registration enquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Learning and Development, Human Resources on (02) 9465 9200.
If the date and location of the workshop advertised is not convenient for you, you can now express your interest through the expression of interest link for any of the programs. You will be added to the registration list and the workshop will be scheduled in the specific campus or month when we have sufficient numbers.