Workshop date: 22 June 2020
Is this training for you?
This program is for supervisors who want to use coaching as a leadership technique to help people to fulfil their potential.
The program builds upon the skills developed in the Management Essentials program. It is recommended, but not essential, that supervisors complete the Management Essentials program prior to attending this program.
- Self-awareness of current behaviours and leadership styles;
- Build effective people and teams using coaching conversations;
- Increase trust and self-reliance in team members and colleagues;
- Greater clarity in roles and objectives;
- Effective questioning techniques for coaching;
- Increased openness to personal learning and development in team members.
What will I learn?
The four core coaching skills. You will learn how to:
- Listen to Learn – be present and focused, listen and then respond letting others know they are valued and heard;
- Inquire for Understanding – provoke thinking, shift perspective, check assumptions and challenge beliefs;
- Tell Your Truth – do I need to say it or do they need to hear it?;
- Express Confidence – people do their best work when they feel self-confident.
The four conversations. You will learn how to:
- Connect – building trust and positive relationships;
- Focus – identify the priority topics and goals for the person;
- Activate – collaborate to develop an action plan to implement;
- Review – clarify agreements and discuss accountability.
- Collaborate Effectively
- Communicate with Impact
- Coach & Develop
- Be Responsible and Accountable for Achieving Excellence
- Make Informed Decisions
Please register via Staff Connect no later than one week prior to the workshop.
Course code: 12054
For registration enquiries: email: email@example.com or call Learning and Development, Human Resources on (02) 9465 9200.
If the date and location of the workshop advertised is not convenient for you, you can now express your interest through the expression of interest link for any of the programs. You will be added to the registration list and the workshop will be scheduled in the specific campus or month when we have sufficient numbers.