Individual or teacher defined comments are free text comments which can be added to targeted areas in the student assignment. They include:
- bubble comments;
- text comments;
- general comments;
- voice (audio) comments;
- highlight text or strike-through.
How to add a bubble comment
Bubble comments allow teachers to add individual comments to any location within the student assignment. To add a bubble comment:
- Click anywhere on the student assignment for the feedback comment option to appear
- Select the bubble comment icon in the center.
- Add comments into the text box and click away from the text box to automatically save’.
- Use your mouse to hover cursor over the comment to read.
- Click the text area in the bubble comment to edit text.
- To delete a bubble comment, hover over the comment and click the trash icon.
- To move a comment hover cursor over the comment and drag to a new location.
How to add a text comment
Text comments allow teachers to write directly onto the student assignment. They are best suited to marginal comments in white spaces of the student assignment. To Add a text comment:
- Click on anywhere on the student assignment for the feedback comment options to appear
- Select the 'T' icon to add an inline comment (this is best in a white space on the margin of the assignment).
- Type into the text box to write directly on the student submission. It will automatically 'Save'.
The highlight option allows teachers to select text on the student assignment and provide different colour codes linked to comments. You can also use the highlight option to select text in the assignment and use the strike-through option in sections or specific words within the student work, similar to what you may do in a mark up document.
How to highlight text
- Hover cursor over the area of text and use the mouse to select the text in the student assignment.
- Click the comment button or the QuickMark comments to add more context around the highlighted section.
- To highlight text with different colours, click on the yellow box and select another colour.
- Comments are automatically saved by clicking away from text box.
- Click the bubble comment next to your initials to 'edit' text.
How to add strike-through to text
- Hover cursor over the area of text and use the mouse to select sections of the text or single words in the document that will contain the strike-through.
- To edit the strike-through, hover over the text and the strike-through icon will reappear. Make edits as required and click away to automatically save.