To start go to your LEO unit where you have a Turnitin assignment.
Option 1: Via Launch Rubric Manager in Turnitin assignment settings
- Turn editing on and click 'edit' next to the Turnitin assignment to access the Turnitin assignment settings
- Scroll to GradeMark options and click on; 'Launch Rubric Manager'
Option 2: Via Rubric icon in Turnitin Assignment submission inbox
- Click on the rubric icon located in the Turnitin submission inbox
- Click on the rubric dropdown menu and choose 'create a rubric'
This view allows you to create, duplicate, export or import rubric but it does not allow you to attach it to your Turnitin assignment. You can only do this via the Turnitin assignment settings or via the document viewer after students have submitted an assignment.
Create a rubric
- Click on the bullet point ;and select 'create rubric'. This is the best option if you have not used rubrics before and wish to create a rubric from scratch.
- If you have used a rubric before, these will appear alphabetically under the rubric drop down menu. If you wish to reuse an existing rubric in your rubric manager library choose 'duplicate this rubric'.
- Once the option to 'create a new rubric' is chosen the rubric will appear as a table with criteria on the left and scales across the top of the table. Criteria is entered as row headings (criterion 1, criterion 2, etc.) and the scales as column headings (Scale 1, Scale 2, Scale 3).
- Enter then name for rubric in the highlighted field above the table.
- There is a 'Save' button at the bottom of the table on the right side, Use this periodically as you create the rubric to ensure changes are saved.
- To close the rubric click on the 'close' option (make sure you've saved your rubric and any changes).
- Determine what type of rubric you wish to create. For example a standards rubric will be chosen by default, if you wish to create a rubric using one of the other options (custom or qualitative) click on the preferred rubric type at the bottom of the page.