1. Click the 'Turnitin assignment link' in your LEO unit.
This will open the My Submissions screen. The top section of this screen displays information about the assignment, such as:
- Start Date - from when you may submit
- Due Date - when you must submit by
- Post Date - when your grade will be made available to you
- Rubric - click the icon under the Marks Available column to view the rubric for this assessment
Below this will be a list of any submissions you have made (and any relevant information and links).
2. To add a new assignment submission, click the 'Submit Paper' button.
An pop-up window will appear for you to add your assignment submission:
3. Enter a name for your submission in the 'Submission Title' box.
This should include your name, student number and assignment name (your tutor may have specific requirements).
4. Upload your assignment file. This can be done in one of two ways:
- Click the 'Add File' button (shown right) then use the 'Browse' button in the File Picker pop-up window to navigate to the document stored on your computer. Or,
- Drag the file from the Explorer or Finder window and drop it into the area indicated by the large blue arrow surrounded by the broken grey line.
You will know when the file is uploaded, as a large document icon with the name of your file will appear in the 'File to Submit' window.
5. Tick "by checking this box..." confirmation checkbox that confirms that this submission is your own work.
Confirm that you have completed the title, confirmation checkbox, and you have at least 1 document in the Files window. You can click the document icon in the Files window to change any details for the submission before you complete your upload.
6. Click the 'Add Submission' button to complete your submission.
Your file will upload and you should receive a message confirming that your submission has been uploaded to Turnitin. Click the 'Close' button in the top right corner, and you will be taken back to the My Submissions screen.
NOTE: click the 'Add submission' button once. Wait for the digital receipt pop up window to generate a paper id and confirm your submission was successful. Clicking the submit button multiple times will resend your submission to Turnitin and slow down the process.
You should now see your new submission located in the submission information section:
The first time you submit your Turnitin assignment a Similarity report should be generated within a few minutes. However if this is a second or subsequent submission it will take 24 hours to generate a new Similarity report and score. When the Similarity report is ready to view a percentage, with a related colour, will show the total amount of text matched by Turnitin.
The submission information section has a few links you should be familiar with:
- Click the 'Submission title' to open the assignment in Feedback Studio and view your Similarity matches and tutor feedback
- Click 'Submit Paper' (cloud with up arrow icon) to submit again
- Click 'Download Paper' (cloud with down arrow icon) to download your submitted file
How to resubmit your assignment
Up until the due date, you may resubmit your assignment as many times as you wish.
Click the 'Submit Paper' link again and repeat the steps 3 to 6. When finished, your old submission will be removed and your new submission will replace it. Similarity reports for resubmissions take 24 hours and will show a "Pending" status during this time.
Once the due date has passed you will not be able to resubmit your assignment, so be sure to leave enough time before the due date for the Similarity report to generate if you wish to submit again. If you wish to resubmit beyond the due date, you will need to contact your tutor to discuss options available.