There are three steps required to adding a Vimeo video into a Text editor field. These steps are:
- Locate the 'embed' code for the Vimeo video.
- Add an activity or resource to your unit which uses the Text editor functionality (for example a Label or Page).
- Copy and paste the 'embed' code into the Text editor field.
Step 1: Find the 'embed' code for your Vimeo video
To find the embed code for your Vimeo video you will need to:
- Locate the Vimeo video you would like to make available to your students. An example might be this video: SELT Student Surveys.
- Click on the 'Share' button, which is located on the right hand side of the video, fourth from the top. It looks like a paper plane.
- Copy the code from the 'embed' field which has been automatically generated. You will need this later to paste into the Text editor field.
Step 2: Add an activity or resource to your LEO unit
There are many activities and tools within LEO which make use of the Text editor function. This includes (but is not limited to) the Book, Page, Quiz, Assignment, HTML Block, and Label.
Step 3: Copy and paste the 'embed' code (widget) into the Text editor field of your activity or resource
After you have added your activity or resource to your LEO unit, you will be directed to the 'Updating: [activity name]' page.
From the 'Updating: [activity name]' page you now need to:
- Click on the 'Edit HTML source' icon. It is located next to 'Font size' on the bottom row of icons, and looks like this: <>.
- Clicking on the 'Edit HTML source' icon will open a pop-up window called the 'HTML source editor'. Paste the embed code you copied earlier from your Vimeo video into this pop-up window. Click 'Update' once you are done. This will close the pop-up window.
- Click 'Save changes' when you are done.
Your Vimeo video is now embedded in the Text editor field.